Security is one of EasyCoins top concerns. To protect your account and avoid any potential theft of your assets, EasyCoins uses Google Authenticator, which adds an extra layer of security.
This article shows you the steps for Google 2-Step Verification (2FA) binding and unbinding, as well as some frequently asked questions.
1. Why Google 2FA?
When setting up a new EasyCoins account, you must set a password to protect your account, but a password alone is not enough in today’s worls. To add another layer of security to your account, it is strongly recommended to bind Google Authenticator to your EasyCoins account. This can help prevent unauthorized logins, even if your password has been leaked.
Google Authenticator is an authenticator app by Google that implements two-step verification services using a time-based one-time password. The app offers a 6-digit dynamic code that changes every 30 seconds, and each verification code can only be used once. Once you have bound it, you will be asked to fill in the dynamic code for login, withdrawal, API creation, etc.
2. How to Bind Google 2FA
If you already have the app, let's go ahead and learn how to bind it to your EasyCoins account.
Step 1: Log in to your EasyCoins account. Click the avatar on the upper-right corner and select Account Security in the drop-down menu.
Step 2: Find Security Settings, click Set, and then click Send Code. An email verification code will be sent to your registered e-mail address.
Step 3: Next, you will see the page shown below. Please record the Google Secret Key and store it in a secure place. You will need it to restore your Google 2FA if you lose your phone or accidentally delete the Google Authenticator app.
Step 4: Once you have saved the Secret Key, open the Google Authenticator app on your phone, click the "+" icon to add a new code. Click ‘Scan barcode’ to open your camera and scan the code. It will then set up the Google Authenticator for EasyCoins and start generating the 6-digit codes.
******Below is a sample of what you will see on your phone in the Google Authenticator App******
Step 5: Lastly, enter the 6-digit code shown on your phone into the Google Verification Code box, and click the Activate button to complete.
- Be sure to correct the server time in the Authenticator if you have an Android device. Select "Settings – Time correction for codes."
- Some phones need to be restarted after binding. Also turn on 24-Hour Time and Set Automatically in Settings -> General Date & Time.
- For login, trading, and withdrawal, users are required to enter the verification code.
- Please DONOT delete the Google Authenticator from your phone.
- Be sure to enter the correctGoogle 2-step verification code. If you enter the wrong verification code five times, the Google 2-step verification will be locked for 2 hours.
3. Reasons for Invalid Google 2FA Code
If the Google 2FA code is invalid, ensure that you have done the following:
- Verify you entered the 2FA code for the correct account,if 2FAs for multiple accounts are bound to one phone;
- Each Google 2FA code is only valid for 30 seconds.Be sure to enter the code within 30 seconds;
- Ensure the time on the Google Authenticator App on your phone is synchronized with the time on the Google server.
How to synchronize the time on your phone (Android Only)
Click "Time Correction for Codes"–> "Sync now"
If this doesn't work, please rebind Google 2-Step Verification if you saved the 16-digit Secret Key.
If you did not save the 16-digit Secret Key and are unable to access your Google 2FA code, please read Part 4 below to unbind Google 2FA.
4. How to Restore/Unbind Google 2FA
If you cannot access the Google Authenticator app for any reason, please follow the guidance below to restore or unbind it.
- If you saved your Google Secret Key, simply rebind it in the Google Authenticatorapp and it will start generating a new code. For security reasons, please delete the previous code from your Google 2FA app once you have set a new one.
- If you did not save the Google Secret Key, please click ‘2-FA unavailable?’ to unbind it. You will be asked to fill in the Email Verification Code and Trading Password. Next, you will be required to upload the requested ID information to verify your identity.
This may sound inconvenient, but please understand that the Google 2FA code is a very important security setting, and we will not unbind it before verifying who is submitting the request. Once we have verified your information, the Google Authenticator will be unbound in 1–3 business days.
- Ifyou have a new device and want to transfer Google 2FA to this new device, please log in to your EasyCoins account to change 2FA in the account security settings.
To ensure account security, the withdrawal services in EasyCoins will be temporarily locked for 24 hours after changing important security settings, such as unbinding Google 2FA.